Sunday 23 December 2012

A New Year and a new start beckon

So whilst this post isn't realy related to dating, it does relate to my life and all that comes within that. It is just over 8 days until the New Year begins.  I don’t want a particularly difficult or painful year.  I’m hoping for fun, friends, foreign adventures, health and success.  Love would be nice too, but I have plans to fulfil and I want to see them through.  If I could have a love that inspires me and encourages me to achieve then great.  But I'd rather be single than be in a bad relationship.  Instead of frittering my time thinking but not actually getting anywhere with my dreams, I have made a list of 101 things I’d like to accomplish / achieve in 2013.  So in no particular order:

1. Dance – at least weekly.
2.  Write and publish 1 article a week for 6 months
3.  Publish 2 blog posts a week for 6 months
4. Move into my own apartment.
5. Decorate my apartment in a style that is totally me, wholly reflective of my taste, and free of negative outside influence.
6.  Buy the perfect pair of cowboy boots.
7.  Get my first tattoo.
8.  Lose 7 kilos (from my current weight)
9.  Go skinny dipping
10.  Go to the ballet.
11. Trace my lineage back further and in more detail.
12.  Have a perfect London day – coffee, drink at a speakeasy, gordon’s underground wine bar, vintage shopping (furniture and clothes)
13.  Try pottery
14.   Emigrate from England.
15.  Improve my oral sex skills.
16.  Learn to eat with chopsticks.
17.  Spend a day with my brother doing what he wants, paid for by me.
18.  Nail Russian grammar
19.  Make out with an incredible person
20.  Visit a museum or gallery a fortnight for 6 months.
21.  Try BubbleTea - http://www.weekendnotes.com/bubble-tea-in-london/
22.  Climb Mount Etna.
23.  Visit Omi once a month.
24.  Go horseriding in a park
25.  Learn Swedish
26.  Have voluntary acupuncture.
27.  Finish my novel.
28.  Qualify as a masseuse.
29.  Take an Italian cooking class.
30.  Watch all 3 Lord of the Rings films.
31.  Try 10 new positions from the Karma Sutra
32.  Perfect cardamom and vanilla custard muffins.
33.  Visit a country I have never been to before.
34.  Throw out twenty things and do not replace them.
35.  Get involved with Pushkin House
36.  Visit my family in Germany.
37.  Drink 2 litres of water a day for 3 months.
38.  Take a burlesque class.
39.  Be able to better define my aesthetic, in both fashion and interior design
40.  Complete Equality and Diversity course.
41.  Visit a city I've never been before.
42.  Go to Yoga in the park once a fortnight for 6 months
43.  Buy my first (bra-less!) dress from Vivienne of Holloway
44.  Re: #43, go bra-less in public
45.  Discover 10 great restaurants.
46.  Teach mum to use Skype.
47.  Buy the perfect biker boots.
48.  Be naked in a Swedish sauna
49.  Read 20 new books
50.  Attend a show at London Fashion Week
51.  Make perfect Kladkaka
52.  See 24 so-called classic films
53.  Learn Arabic calligraphy
54.  Have a G-Spot orgasm
55.  Find a beauty and skincare regimen that works for me.
56.  Re: #56, stick to it every day for 3 months
57.  Make a blanket
58.  Learn to throw a punch
59.  Tone up my thighs
60.  Go camping.
61.  Try an out-of-comfort-zone exercise class
62.  Трй анал секс 
63.  Go to a Proms performance
64.  Find and buy the perfect red Mary Janes
65.  Cheerleader at Brighton Marathon for Mac.
66.  Go scuba diving.
67.  Buy a bicycle
68.  Re: #67, ride bicycle once a week (at least)
69.  Get a flat(ter) stomach
70.  Take a fashion drawing class
71.  Find the perfect heels for Iain’s wedding.
72.  Knit something funky 
73.  Do something nice for the emergency services.
74.  Volunteer for a refugee charity.
75.  Watch a show at the Globe.
76.  Shop at Oxfam bookshop (near British Museum) once a month.
77.  Go ice skating
78.  Apply to write for another magazine
79.  Make a beautiful dress from scratch.
80.  Visit Highgate Cemetery
81.  Go to Waterstones Piccadilly once a month.
82.  Walk up Parliament Hill
83.  Take a surfing lesson.
84.  Find London’s best library
85.  Re: #84, visit the best library once a month
86.  Establish an editorial calendar for writing and blogging
87.  Go to the Royal Observatory in Greenwich.
88.  Find the perfect dress for my brother’s wedding
89.  Promote my cake blog
90.  Visit all 14 TimeOut London’s quirky museums and libraries
91.  Join a singing group.
92.  Re: #91, perform with singing group in public.
93.  Do 1 random London activity a month.
94.  Eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day for 3 months.
95.  Take an A-Level
96.  Join a sports team and attend weekly for 3 months.
97.  Make love under the stars.
98.  Spend a day taking photos.
99.  Attend foreign culture festivals in London
100.  Make / restore a piece of furniture
101. Put £5 into savings for every goal accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment