Saturday 12 January 2013

Consider the lillies...

.....hath Brian Cohen of Life of Brian declared.  And why not?  Why not consider the lillies?  They are beautiful and delicate, with a gentle scent that neutralises the hum of apricot over-indulgence and an aura of discreet femininity. 

Having had a rather intimidating assortment of medical insturments / torture devices (still not convinced either way) in my ladygarden 2 days ago in the name of 'healthcare' and subsequently curling up on the sofa/lying in bed feeling sorry for myself, and laughing at my friend's various approaches to cheering me up, I have many thoughts flying around in my brain.  I was called a pseudo-philosophical hippy recently.  Somewhat ironic given that my favourite shoes are my 5 inch platform heels.  Today I made awesome cake.  Lots of them.  I made a real concerted effort to show my colleagues that I am not the Barbie some of them percieve me to be.  I get told I am being too deep and thinking too much.  Because of course, I don't need any type of intellectual stimulation or political discussion.  So in my recuperation time I am reading a variety of different topics.  Except I don't know right now what I will be doing with said learning until I pick which Masters I want to do.  I am currently debating 3 different ones, all at Swedish institutions.  But I want to go to the cities, meet the tutors, before I make up my mind. 

When writing I say what's in my head.  I write as clearly as I can, but I understand that as people have different perspectives and process information in various ways, one person's clarity may be another's convoluted waffle.  Oh well.  If more people thought of others, considered how their words and deeds are interpreted, the world would be a kinder place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment