Saturday 12 January 2013

Furry teeth

I had no idea what to call this post.  So I have gone for the first thing to pop into my head.  I'm not dating right now.  I'm not really..... well, anything.  I'm not a huge fan of categories on forms, tick boxes or labelling things, so I suppose I shall say I am just..... me.  Phoenix.  I am into someone, and I have found my soulmate, but as it is not the right time I shall simply continue on my career focused path.  As regular readers may have gathered, I do not consider romantic relationships to be the be all and end all of life.  I have rediscovered an amazing friend and learnt how to be humbled, inspired and awed by someone so modest and unassuming, who sadly has no idea of how much he is worth.  I said from the get-go that no matter what transpired between us, I would be grateful to have him in my life.  And if it means letting go of romance with him, whether just for now or forever, if it means our friendship remains intact that is infinitely better than anything else.  
In as much as I compartmentalise so much stuff (which I have come to realise may not always be a beneficial thing to do), I can't deny that I do feel sad we couldn't make it work right now.  Truth be told, we both wanted it and thought we could be each other's happy ending.  Perhaps we may still.  3 months ago, I could not have envisaged any of this.  Deciding to move to Sweden and do my Masters degree, falling for the most incredible man, getting really awesome feedback from colleagues and seniors at work.... I'm excited about this year and all the possibility it holds.  
So with this in mind, I will continue to write and document my ramblings and thoughts.  I am not looking for anyone else - in fact not only am I not looking, but were anything to raise its head I would not take the risk as I just don't want it - so the 'dating' writing may be a tad more hypothetical and surmising than narrative, but what the hell.  Maybe I can get good enough that I can ace a Sociology A-Level.   Anywho, it's now 12 days into the New Year and despite having broken my office-based Resolutions  on the first day back at work (AKA 2nd January.....ooops) I am still ploughing ahead with my 101 for 2013.  So see below for updates......


1. Dance – at least weekly.

2.  Write and publish 1 article a week for 6 months

3.  Publish 2 blog posts a week for 6 months

4. Move into my own apartment.

5. Decorate my apartment in a style that is totally me, wholly reflective of my taste, and free of negative outside influence.

6.  Buy the perfect pair of cowboy boots.

7.  Get my first tattoo.

8.  Lose 7 kilos (from my current weight)

9.  Go skinny dipping

10.  Go to the ballet - DONE 5th Jan

11. Trace my lineage back further and in more detail.

12.  Have a perfect London day – coffee, drink at a speakeasy, gordon’s underground wine bar, vintage shopping (furniture and clothes)

13.  Try pottery

14.   Emigrate from England.

15.  Improve my oral sex skills.

16.  Learn to eat with chopsticks - DONE 12th Jan

17.  Spend a day with my brother doing what he wants, paid for by me.

18.  Nail Russian grammar

19.  Make out with an incredible person - DONE 4th Jan

20.  Visit a museum or gallery a fortnight for 6 months.

21.  Try BubbleTea - http://www.weekendnotes.com/bubble-tea-in-london/

22.  Climb Mount Etna.

23.  Visit Omi once a month.

24.  Go horseriding in a park

25.  Learn Swedish - STARTED 7th Jan....

26.  Have voluntary acupuncture.

27.  Finish my novel.

28.  Qualify as a masseuse.

29.  Take an Italian cooking class.

30.  Watch all 3 Lord of the Rings films - DONE 16th Jan

31.  Try 10 new positions from the Karma Sutra

32.  Perfect cardamom and vanilla custard muffins.

33.  Visit a country I have never been to before.

34.  Throw out twenty things and do not replace them - DONE 12th Jan

35.  Get involved with Pushkin House

36.  Visit my family in Germany.

37.  Drink 2 litres of water a day for 3 months.

38.  Take a burlesque class.

39.  Be able to better define my aesthetic, in both fashion and interior design

40.  Complete Equality and Diversity course.

41.  Visit a city I've never been before.

42.  Go to Yoga in the park once a fortnight for 6 months

43.  Buy my first (bra-less!) dress from Vivienne of Holloway

44.  Re: #43, go bra-less in public

45.  Discover 10 great restaurants.

46.  Teach mum to use Skype.

47.  Buy the perfect biker boots.

48.  Be naked in a Swedish sauna

49.  Read 20 new books

50.  Attend a show at London Fashion Week

51.  Make perfect Kladkaka

52.  See 24 so-called classic films

53.  Learn Arabic calligraphy

54.  Have a G-Spot orgasm

55.  Find a beauty and skincare regimen that works for me.

56.  Re: #56, stick to it every day for 3 months

57.  Make a blanket

58.  Learn to throw a punch

59.  Tone up my thighs

60.  Go camping.

61.  Try an out-of-comfort-zone exercise class

62.  Трй анал секс 

63.  Go to a Proms performance

64.  Find and buy the perfect red Mary Janes

65.  Cheerleader at Brighton Marathon for Mac.

66.  Go scuba diving.

67.  Buy a bicycle

68.  Re: #67, ride bicycle once a week (at least)

69.  Get a flat(ter) stomach

70.  Take a fashion drawing class

71.  Find the perfect heels for Iain’s wedding.

72.  Knit something funky 

73.  Do something nice for the emergency services.

74.  Volunteer for a refugee charity.

75.  Watch a show at the Globe.

76.  Shop at Oxfam bookshop (near British Museum) once a month - STARTED 9th Jan

77.  Go ice skating

78.  Apply to write for another magazine

79.  Make a beautiful dress from scratch.

80.  Visit Highgate Cemetery

81.  Go to Waterstones Piccadilly once a month.

82.  Walk up Parliament Hill

83.  Take a surfing lesson.

84.  Find London’s best library

85.  Re: #84, visit the best library once a month

86.  Establish an editorial calendar for writing and blogging - DONE 12th Jan

87.  Go to the Royal Observatory in Greenwich.

88.  Find the perfect dress for my brother’s wedding

89.  Promote my cake blog

90.  Visit all 14 TimeOut London’s quirky museums and libraries

91.  Join a singing group.

92.  Re: #91, perform with singing group in public.

93.  Do 1 random London activity a month.

94.  Eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day for 3 months.

95.  Take an A-Level

96.  Join a sports team and attend weekly for 3 months.

97.  Make love under the stars.

98.  Spend a day taking photos.

99.  Attend foreign culture festivals in London

100.  Make / restore a piece of furniture

101. Put £5 into savings for every goal accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment